Please be advised that all information which is collected by state agencies is likely to be considered a public record which is available for public review under the Nebraska Public Records Statutes unless there is a specific statute which allows that information to be kept confidential. An example of a specific statute which allows certain types of information to be kept confidential may be found at Neb. Rev. Stat. Section 84-712.05.
84-712.05 Records which may be withheld from the public; enumerated.
The Nebraska Department of Labor web site is maintained by the agency. Data gathered through this agency's web site, or through portals or data interchanges maintained by the agency and submitted to state agencies are government records subject to the same rules of access and disclosure as they would be if submitted in paper form. As stated elsewhere in this notice, the general rule under Nebraska public records law is that all government records are open to public inspection unless expressly exempt from that requirement by law.
Nebraska Department of Labor may occasionally use "Cookies" to store user information subject to the following limitations:
- Will not contain personal identifying information (e.g. names, date of birth, social security number, hint answers).
- May be used to save personalized web site settings (e.g. font size, color, text type, etc.).
- May include an expiration date if appropriate.
- Will be erased when a user's web browser session ends or the user logs out of the application.
- Will only be accessible to the specific application(s) in use.