Worker Training Board Meeting Schedule
The Worker Training Board has set its tentative schedule for 2019.
First quarter grant applications: Deadline 12/31/18; The Board will meet 1/29/19
Second quarter applications: Deadline 3/31/19; The Board will meet 4/23/19
Third quarter applications: Deadline 6/30/19; The Board will meet 7/23/19
Fourth quarter applications: Deadline 9/30/19; The Board will meet 10/22/19
All applications must be submitted electronically.
Applications may now be submitted for the fourth quarter.
Nebraska Worker Training Board Membership
700 Kingbird Road
Lincoln, Nebraska 68521-3000
W (402) 458-8715 / FAX (402) 458-2019
Nebraska Community College Association
601 South 12th Street, Suite 200
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508
W 402.471-4685 / FAX 402.471-4726
12720 Scott Street
Omaha, Nebraska 68142
Commissioner of Labor
550 South 16th Street
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4600
311 W 38th Street
Kearney, NE 68845
Steve Porr, Program Coordinator
550 South 16th Street
Lincoln, NE 68509-4600
W 402.471-9977 / FAX 402.471-2022
Nebraska Department of Economic Development
P.O. Box 94666
Lincoln, NE 68509-4660
Grant Application Tips
This program is designed to support the retraining and upgrading of existing workers, currently employed in, or being trained for, high quality, long-term jobs that enhance business productivity.
- Complete grant application fully. Do not leave any areas blank.
- Use additional pages, if necessary
- Who you are - Name of your business.
- What you want to do? Name of your project.
- How much funding are you requesting for your project?
- How much matching funding will you provide as an employer? (Wages paid during training, space rental, equipment provided by your firm, project-oversight team member salaries or other cash contributions offsetting funds requested for your training project may be considered as an in-kind contribution, and included in matching funds).
- Please provide a budget. Breakdown how funds requested will be spent. Detail your in-kind matching contribution.
- What is the project proposed? Describe the project.
- Describe why the training is needed. Will you be doing the training anyway?
- Please provide a step-by-step approach showing how the training will be conducted. Who is the training provider? Are they certified, accredited, licensed, credentialed?
- What goals will your business accomplish with the training project?
- What will be measurable outcomes that can be placed in our Annual Report?
- Grants are directed to paying tuition and fees, preferably to established, certified, accredited, licensed Nebraska Training Providers.
- The program is intended to add to, not replace, training dollars equal to what you spent last year, and the year before (two-year average).
- The program will not reimburse: past training costs incurred prior to application, mandatory or required training, constructing buildings, purchasing equipment or paying your salary or employees' wages or salaries.
- Instructional materials purchased for the training project are considered public property and must remain publicly accessible.